Thursday, November 19, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
here are some of the points from the report
1. The average and median age of company founders when they started their current companies was 40.
2. 95.1 percent of respondents themselves had earned bachelor’s degrees, and 47 percent had more advanced degrees.
3. Less than 1 percent came from extremely rich or extremely poor backgrounds
4. 15.2% of founders had a sibling that previously started a business.
5. 69.9 percent of respondents indicated they were married when they launched their first business. An additional 5.2 percent were divorced, separated, or widowed.
6. 59.7 percent of respondents indicated they had at least one child when they launched their first business, and 43.5 percent had two or more children.
7. The majority of the entrepreneurs in the sample were serial entrepreneurs. The average number of businesses launched by respondents was approximately 2.3.
8. 74.8 percent indicated desire to build wealth as an important motivation in becoming an entrepreneur.
9. Only 4.5 percent said the inability to find traditional employment was an important factor in starting a business.
10. Entrepreneurs are usually better educated than their parents.
11. Entrepreneurship doesn’t always run in the family. More than half (51.9 percent) of respondents were the first in their families to launch a business.
12. The majority of respondents (75.4 percent) had worked as employees at other companies for more than six years before launching their own companies.
Which of the above surprises you the most and alters your mental model of what entrepreneurs are like?
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
1. China Bubble
2. Green Bubble
3. Gold Bubble
4. Federal Reserve Bubble
5. Trash Stock Bubble
6. Education Bubble
7. Subprime Bubble
8. Life insurance Securitization Bubble
9. Commercial Real Estate Bubble
10. Emerging Market Bubble